Followers

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

BAKED TAPIOCA CAKE

Baked Tapioca Cake aka Cassava Cake is my family and my favourite Kuih of all Kuihs.  This recipe is quite similar to my earlier post on this kuih.  I was tempted to bake this kuih because the fresh tapioca was selling so cheap at Tesco for only RM0.99 cents a kilo.

I have baked it in 2 portions in a loaf pan and aluminium foil as I intend to give away a portion to a relative.  The cake should look tall and nice if I had baked it in a 7 inch square tin.
The kuih is not too sweet and packed with grated tapioca.  No flour is added and the sweetness is acceptable to me with the lovely aroma of grated tapioca.   My hubby says it's nice and he can have more because the sweetness is acceptable.

This is an easy baked kuih to make but the only tedious part is the grating.  However, you can blend the fresh tapioca with a little water in the blender to form into a paste.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine with modifications
Modified Recipe
600 gm grated tapioca
100 gm grated white coconut
150 ml thick coconut milk
150 gm caster sugar
75 ml melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
A 20 cm square tin, lined and greased at the sides or 2 small loaf pans

  1. Combine all the ingredients [except melted butter] until well mix and sugar dissolves. Lastly add in melted butter, mix well.
  2. Pour into baking container and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 1 hour or until cooked through [test with a skewer] and top is golden brown.
  3. Remove to cool in the pan before slicing to serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Kimmy, I want! My favorite kuih! I have been craving for it for months now but it's quite troublesome since I have to send the peeled tapioca to the coconut vendor for it to be grated so I keep putting it off in making it. Silly question but what type of blender do you use to blend it? Scare of using my food processor as later rosak.
Cheers Florence

Kimmy said...

Hi Florence, if using a blender, I suppose you can cut the tapioca into smaller pieces. I didn't use a blender, I used a flat grater. Maybe I'll take a picture of it and post it here. It is easy. Both the recipes I posted on baked tapioca cake are good. You can adjust the sweetness.