Followers

Friday, June 16, 2017

MASALA FRIED CAULIFLOWER

This recipe is inspired from an Indian style fried rice recipe.  I have substituted the cooked rice with grated cauliflower and this dish turned out awesome.
It is so fragrant, tasty and delicious.  My hubby thought it is fried rice and was asking why I have fried rice for dinner with other dishes and plain white rice.  Really, it looks like fried rice and tastes like one too. 
If you are on a low carbo diet, it would be good to try this dish.
Ingredients
300 gm cauliflower - grated
50 gm carrot - diced
50 gm French beans - diced
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
50 gm diced chicken breast 
some diced prawns [optional]
1 tsp garam masala
1-2 tbsp curry powder
Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt, dash of msg 
1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Heat up a non stick wok with 1 tbsp oil, saute chopped ginger, garlic until aromatic.  Add in diced chicken, garam masala and curry powder.  Stir fry until fragrant, add in cauliflower and carrot.
  2. Continue to fry until cooked, add in french beans and seasoning.
  3. Toss well and dish up. 
  4. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I loved fried cauliflower rice, and your masala version looks wonderful!

Kimmy said...

Hi Emily, I am beginning to love cauliflower rice after trying this flavour. Really nice and I have made this a few times and also trying this flavour with other vegetables like French beans and long beans.

PH said...

Kimmy, I want to try this! Time to eat cauliflower rice again :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I think you will love the cauliflower rice with this flavour. It is fragrant and tasty either with prawns, chicken or Chinese sausages whichever you choose to add. I will be using this flavour to fry with French beans today and hope it blends well.