Followers

Thursday, June 8, 2017

EZCR#96 - BRAISED TOFU WITH SPRING ONIONS

I have tried this simple tofu recipe a few times.  As it is too simple, I did not take the trouble to share the recipe earlier.
Today, I made this dish again and decide to put this recipe in my blog for future reference.
This tofu and minced meat dish is great with porridge or plain white rice as it is tasty and appetising with savoury and a little spicy flavour.  You can cook with just a piece or two of the tofu.  I used to cooked 2 pieces before but not today.
Ingredients
1-2 pieces square tofu - cut into eight pieces
1-2 stalks spring onions
1 tbsp chopped garlic
50 gm minced meat
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp oil
100 ml water
Seasoning
2 tbsp light soy sauce
dash of pepper and msg
1 tsp chilli boh
dash of pepper
  1. Heat wok with oil, saute garlic and spring onions until aromatic.  Add in the minced meat and fry until it turned whitish, push aside.  Add a little extra oil, pan fry the tofu pieces until brown on both sides.
  2. Add in seasoning and water.  Bring to boil, toss to mix well.
  3. Add in chopped ginger and continue to braise till sauce is reduced.
  4. Dish up and garnish with some spring onions.  Serve hot.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, sometimes a nice simple dish like this is already enough to whet ones appetite. I must buy some tofu and cook this dish.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, you are right. These days, I'm on 'no frills' cooking. Better still quick cook yet without comprising the taste, flavour and nutrients. I love tofu dishes.