Followers

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

EGG DROP BITTERGOURD SOUP

Actually, I bought the bittergourd with the intention to prepare a Braised Bittergourd with Pork Ribs with Black Beans. Looking at the recipe, changed my mind because there are too many ingredients needed.
I remembered coming across this recipe shared by Cheah of No Frills Recipes quite long ago.  I prepared this soup right away as I have all the ingredients in hand except for the fish balls which I omitted.
This is a lovely soup as commented by my hubby.  We enjoyed it very much. The bittergourd slices are not bitter as expected.  Thanks to Cheah for sharing this homey recipe.  
I have slightly modified the recipe.
Ingredients
250 gm bittergourd - sliced
100 gm pork fillet - sliced
750 ml water
1 egg - lightly beaten
Salt to taste
Sesame oil
Dash of pepper
  1. Wash and remove the seeds from the bittergourd, slice it up and mix in some salt. Set aside for 5 minutes, rinse and drain.
  2. Marinate pork slices with some salt, pepper, sesame oil and cornflour.
  3. Bring water to the boil in a soup pot.  Add in marinated pork, cook for a minute or two.  When the soup boils, add in bittergourd slices and seasoning to taste.
  4. Drizzle in lightly beaten egg.  Bring to boil and serve hot.

No comments: