Followers

Monday, August 8, 2016

FRIED EGGPLANTS WITH SALTED EGGS

These days, I have a problem 'time not enough'.  No idea why I'm so busy and with what.  Is it that age is catching up and doing things too slow?  No-lah, I think it is because there has been several ad hoc matters that surfaced and need urgent attention.  Must plan well so as not to upset my routine.
Choosing simple and easy recipes to cook is one way to help me plan well and continue to enjoy delicious, yummy and healthy food at home.

The dish is quite easy and fast to cook yet not compromising the taste and flavour.  Savoury, sourish and sweet dish that goes well will plain rice or porridge.  To find out how it taste, do try, hahaha!  Perhaps, you may like it.
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine Issue No. 72 [my selected cookbook for August Cookbook Countdown Event#8] - slightly modified
Ingredients
500 gm eggplants [brinjals] - washed and cut just before frying
2 cooked salted eggs - shelled and chopped coarsely
1 stalk spring onions or coriander leaves - chopped
1 red chilli - chopped
Seasoning [combined]
1/2 tsp each of salt and sugar
1 tbsp black vinegar
  1. Cut eggplant into thick strips and deep fry in hot oil for a minute.  Dish up and drain.
  2. Leave some oil in wok, saute salted eggs until aromatic, add in eggplants and seasoning.  Stir well quickly.
  3. Lastly add in red chillies and spring onions or coriander leaves.
  4. Dish up, serve immediately.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, that happens to me too even during weekends. Sometimes I plan not to do too much but end up with the same thing - busy with what also don't know LOL! This eggplant dish sound delicious because I love eggplant and salted eggs.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
Yes, sometimes i wish there's more than 24 hours in a day! The hours passes by real fast, and there's lots of things not done yet! Most days at the end of the day, I am really, really tired and here the mind is thinking the things that needs to be done the next day!
Your eggplant dish looks delicious. I've only used salted eggs for bitter gourd, pumpkin and beans, but have never tried with eggplants before. I will like this very much!