Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

THERMAL COOKER - GOJI, PORK RIBS AND CORN SOUP

Every time when I make use of my Thermal Cooker, I feel grateful to my brother in-law for giving it to me.  It really helps to make easy my cooking adventure.  All I need to do is to boil the ingredients for the time required and leave it to cook by itself.  It is energy and time saving, yet the result is awesome.
This is another lovely soup which I cooked with it and happy with the result.  The soup is clear, the pork ribs, corn and  carrots are tender.  A tasty soup to go with rice or have on its own.
Ingredients
1 corn - cut  chunky pieces
1 red carrot - peeled and cut chunky pieces [you can use Chinese yam [san yau] or white carrots]
3-4 pieces meaty pork ribs - blanched and rinsed
1-2 tbsp goji [medlar seeds/wolfberries] - rinsed
2-3 cloves garlic with skin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 litre water

  1. Bring water or stock to boil in inner pot of thermal cooker [you can cook this soup with normal pot, the usual way], add in pork ribs and corn.
  2. Bring to boil for about 20 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients and let in boil for another 10-15 minutes. Cover pot with lid and transfer to outer pot of Thermal Cooker.
  3. Close the lid and leave the soup to continue cooking in it. Soup should be ready within 1 hours.
  4. Before serving, bring soup to boil, taste to adjust seasoning.
  5. Serve hot in soup bowl or claypot.


4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I like this soup too. Next time I must remember to add goji berries.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I simply love this kind of 'Ching Thong' boiling hot, non-fatty with this type of pork. Thanks to the thermal cooker, I need not simmer the soup over low fire for some time. Just 20 minutes, kao thim.

Sokehah cheah said...

Yes, I also prefer clear soup. Hmmm maybe must get a thermal cooker too, saves time!

Kimmy said...

Hi Soke Hah, it is a good investment. They come in various sizes but do choose a good quality one.