Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Vegetarian Stir Fry Eggplant with Miso


The vegetarian sambal [see recipe here]  which I prepared was so useful and I could use it as a base for quite a number of dishes. This stir fry eggplant is one of them.  Here, I added miso to the sambal and used it to fry eggplant.  Very flavourful with rice.
Ingredients
[serves 5-6]
600 gm eggplant 
3 tbsp vegetarian sambal [can replaced with chilli boh]
3 tbsp miso
2 tbsp chopped ginger
some small chilli padi - sliced
salt and sugar to taste
150 ml water
2 tbsp oil
some crushed vegetarian 'kiam hu' [optional]
  1. Mix miso and sambal together into a paste.
  2. Slice eggplant and soak in water with some salt.  Drain before frying.
  3. Add 2 tbsp oil into wok, saute ginger until aromatic.
  4. Add in the chilli padi, vegetarian sambal and miso paste.  Stir fry until fragrant.
  5. Add in the eggplant, stir fry to mix well.
  6. Add water and seasoning to taste.  Bring to boil, then simmer untilvegetable is cooked and soft.
  7. Dish out on serving plate and garnish with some vegetarian fried 'salted fish'.

Notes: Visit this site for its Nutritional Facts [here]


I'm linking this post  to Little Thumbs Up Event - Soy Beans

 organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich from Piece of Cake

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love egg plant and I love miso... this combination works well together.

PH said...

Kimmy, eggplant is one of my favourite vegetables. I bought a box of miso last weekend. I can try this soon :)

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Kimmy! Still on veg diet? :D

Not meat but this looks so good!

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

Wish that I can be part of your family... Having you cooking this beautiful dish for me? :p

Zoe

Kimmy said...

Hi Mich, eggplant tasted sweet after cooking. Blends well with a little salty taste.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, you can substitute the vegetarian sambal with chilli boh.

Kimmy said...

Hi Alvin, it's over but I have several vegetarian dishes pending posting.

Kimmy said...

Hi Zoe, you're welcome. I would love to share if possible.