Followers

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nyonya Char Muar Eu Kay [Sesame Oil Chicken]

This is the first time I cooked Sesame Oil Chicken with taucheo [preserved salted soybean paste].  Turns out to be good.
Ingredients
original recipe from Nyonya Flavours
[serves 4-5]
3 big size chicken thighs [about 600 gm] - skin removed cut into 3 pieces each
[marinate with 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp cooking wine for 20-30 minutes]
2 cloves garlic - chopped
50 gm old ginger - cut fine shreds
2 tbsp taucheo [soybean paste]
250 ml water
2 tbsp sesame oil
  1. Heat sesame oil in wok, saute ginger and garlic until brown and aromatic. 
  2. Add bean paste, stir fry for a few seconds.
  3. Add chicken, stir fry to combine well for 5 minutes.
  4. Add water, bring to boil then simmer until chicken is tender [about 20 minutes] and gravy is reduced [can transfer to claypot, then simmer until chicken is tender and gravy is reduced].  Serve in claypot.
  5. Dish up to serve.
Notes: Visit this site for its Nutritional Facts [here]

I'm linking this post  to Little Thumbs Up Event - Soy Beans organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich from Piece of Cake

Photobucket
I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books #5 Event
 hosted by Joyce of  Kitchen Flavours


 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sesame chicken with tau cheong looks delicious! I would love to eat the sauce with rice.

Veronica said...

Kimmy, I can smell the sesame oil from this far, heehee. Something like what I used to have during confinement minus the taucheong. Yummy! Next time I cook I shall add taucheong.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
This looks delicious, I love dishes with sesame oil and taucheo! I can imagine the aroma from this dish!
Thanks for sharing with CYB!

Kimmy said...

Hi Mich, surprisingly, this dish is good with tau cheong. I kept a portion to cook soup.

Kimmy said...

Hi Veronica, yes you must try with tau cheong and I find it not too oily too.

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, next time, I'll use debone chicken thighs. Think the sauce will be good and I don't have to worry about the small bits of bones.

PH said...

Kimmy, interesting that this muar eu kay is using taucheow. I have to try it to see how it tastes and since you say it is good, I have confidence!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, cooked until the gravy is reduced and of thick consistency. It's even better.