Followers

Monday, February 25, 2013

Steamed Rice with Waxed Meat [CNY 2013]

This is my favourite dish for CNY , a must have for my family which all of us really enjoyed.
Quite a simple dish to prepare yet very satisfying so long as you love waxed meats [Chinese sausages, waxed duck meat etc].
Ingredients
[serves 3]
3 bowls cooked rice [I used 1 1/2 cup rice - washed and cooked in rice cooker]
1 piece waxed duck meat - breast part
2 pieces Chinese sausages [I used the short and fatter type]
1 chicken thigh - skin removed - cut strips
some finely shredded ginger
some shredded spring onions
Sauce Ingredients
 [mix and boil together]
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
1/2 - 1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
4-5 tbsp water
  1. Boil waxed duck meat in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.  Drain and rinsed.  Sliced.
  2. Remove the wrapping of Chinese sausage and sliced thinly.
  3. Marinate chicken strips with a little oil and cornflour.
  4. Place rice in 3 bowls or small casserole dish.  Arrange the 3 different meats on top of rice.  Top with some shredded ginger.
  5. Steam over high heat for at least 25-30 minutes.  Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.  Set aside.
  6. Before serving, spoon sauce over steamed rice and garnish with shredded spring onions.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

Nasi Lemak Lover

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Prepare individual serving style. I like to go with some hot chili and soy dipping sauce. Do drop by my blog for a Giveaway! Good luck !

Amelia said...

Hi Kimmy, your steamed rice look very inviting and delicious. I don't mind to ask for extra rice cos it look so nice. YUM!

Have a nice day.

kimmy said...

Hi Vivian, yes I served the rice with my homemade chilli sauce, blanched bok choy and lots of pickled zuchini and carrot. Delicious. But my hubby prefers original taste [no chilli sauce]. Thanks for highlighting the Giveaway. Will hop over now.

kimmy said...

Hi Amelia, it is really yummy. No extra rice, have to prepare extra servings, hehehe.

Sokehah cheah said...

Looks yummy and prepared individually. If I were to do it, I'll probably do it in the rice cooker!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Wow Kimmy! This is one dish that I would love to try! The ingredients are like those used in our claypot rice but steaming is definitely healthier!

kimmy said...

Hi Cheah, this is the CNY dish which my family loves so much. My daughter asked to prepare it again. The best part of it is to prepare individual servings. Everyone gets equal share. Usually I pamper my hubby with a bigger portion, hehehe.

kimmy said...

Hi Chef, the sauce is a bit different and you must use waxed meat like duck, pork belly, liver sausages etc. The flavours are slightly different from claypot rice. Steam it thoroughly to melt the fats and the rice will be very flavourful.

PH said...

Kimmy, I must try this dish! Simple lah, just steam. It is very flavorful and delicious. I sure can't control eating a few helpings!

kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, cook it soon and let me know if you like it. Best time cos' you can get waxed meat during this time.