Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Apple and Figs Jam

Another tasty jam [sweet sourish flavour] from Amy Beh's collection that I have prepared sometime ago.  I made this jam again and would like to share with those interested to make their own preserves.  Probably, I will use some to bake a chiffon cake like the one with Red Plums Jam.

Ingredients
[makes a  bottle and a half x 400 gm]
450 gm Granny's Smith green apples [about 5 apples] - remove skin and chopped finely
50 gm figs - soaked and chopped small pieces
Rind of 1 orange
250 ml water
200 gm sugar


  1. Place all ingredients [except sugar] in a pan.  Bring it to a boil and lower heat to cook until fruits are soften [I blend it a little to get a finer texture] and water reduced.
  2. Add in sugar and continue to simmer.  Stir occasionally to mix ingredients well.  In the meantime, place a small saucer in the freezer to chilled [for testing if jam is ready].  Simmer until it gels up.  Place a teaspoon of jam on saucer.  Leave in fridge for a few minutes and jam should be ready if it forms a mass.
  3. Store in sterilised airtight bottles.  Always refrigerate jam as homemade jams are without preservatives.
Chiffon cake using homemade apple figs jam

4 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

It is nice to have homemade jam! you should made more..

Kimmy said...

I have made several simple, different fruit jams [100% fruity] but didn't post the recipes. I gave some to friends before but they prefer store bought. So I make smaller qty just enough for own consumption. Will post others when I make them again.

Kimmy said...

Thanks for your comment and invite. Already linked.

Carole said...

Great that you linked up, thank you. I have put the name of the jam in for you.