Followers

Monday, January 16, 2017

FRIED SHREDDED MEAT WITH LEEKS

These days I find it easy to prepare quick stir fry meat dishes using pork tenderloin.  Pork tenderloin are tender and quick to cook meat which can be used as accompaniment to fry various types of vegetables.  One of them is leeks.
This dish is tasty and aromatic to serve with porridge or rice.  These ingredients in the original recipe are used to fry savoury glutinous rice balls [tang yuan].

Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 93 with modifications
Ingredients
100 gm lean pork tenderloin – shredded
2 dried mushrooms – soaked and shredded
1 stalk Chinese leeks – sliced slantwise
1 red chilli – sliced
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1-2 tbsp oil
Seasoning
1 tbsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp  each salt and pepper
½ tsp sesame seed oil
1-2 tbsp water
  1. Heat up oil, sauté garlic until fragrant, add in shredded pork and mushrooms.  Stir fry until aromatic, then add in leeks and seasoning.
  2. Stir until ingredients are cooked through.
  3. Dish up to serve with rice or  porridge.
  4. Cookbook Countdown


    I'm sharing this post with Cookbook Countdown Event#13 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Emily of Emily's Cooking [Makan2] Foray

6 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I love leeks as they have so much flavor. They are very nice with prawns and I also enjoy then with pork.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I love leeks fried with firm beancurd, roasted pork, fish fillet etc. All are as good as I love the aroma of fried leeks.

TeaLady said...

Love all the flavors in this one.

Kayte said...

You have such a way of mounding it up to look glorious! I have never rehydrated mushrooms before but I would like to try as these look so wonderful.

Kimmy said...

Hi TeaLady & Kayte, the actual dish looks much better than the above photos. I had used my new handphone to take these photos, not that good. But this dish is aromatic with the fragrance of leeks.

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely dish, Kimmy! This is one of my favourite dish which I sometimes cook at home. I sometimes add some sliced carrots as well. Yummy!