Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

INDIAN CHICKEN CURRY

This is one of the long outstanding recipes in my collection list of recipes which I told myself that it is a must try.  Since I love trying new recipes,  I chose to quickly try this one first as I have almost all the ingredients in hand.

It turned out to be a lovely curry that is not difficult to prepare.  Don’t be afraid of the long list of ingredients, it is worth cooking this curry if you are a curry lover.   I have altered the method slightly by pan frying the chicken instead of deep frying.  This curry tastes  savoury, sourish and  slightly spicy and the gravy is concentrated.  It is nice to spread over rice but I served this with pasta [Angel Hair] and shredded zucchini.
Recipe adapted from Chef Amy Beh’s TV cook show way back in 2004 with some modifications.
Ingredients
3 deboned chicken whole legs – cut bite size pieces and marinate with ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper for at least 1 hour
4 tbsp oil
Ingredients A
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek
3 sprigs curry leaves
1 tbsp grated ginger
Ingredients B [combined]
2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tbsp chilli paste
3 tbsp meat curry powder
Ingredients C
2 tomatoes – cut thin slices
1 red or green chilli – seeded and sliced
100 gm long beans – cut into 4 cm pieces
100 ml thick coconut milk
2 cups water or thin coconut milk
Seasoning
1 tsp salt to taste
1-2 tbsp sugar to taste
Dash of msg
Juice of 1 lime or 3 lime kasturi
  1. Heat oil in wok, fry ingredients A until fragrant, then add ingredients B.  Fry until aromatic and oil separates. Push aside curry paste, add in chicken pieces to fry until firm.  Stir to mix well the paste and chicken.
  2. Add in green beans, continue to stir and mix then add in water/thin coconut milk.  Bring to boil, then simmer until green beans are cooked just right to the texture.  Add in tomatoes and red chillies.
  3. Add in thick coconut milk and seasoning to taste.  Cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
  4. Dish up to serve with rice or noodles.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, your curry looks delicious! Must tambah rice to enjoy it to the max. I am always scared when I see long list of ingredients and that's why I shy away from cooking Indian curry.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I thought the same too but once I try it, I'm glad I did it cos' it is worth the trouble. We. especially my hubby enjoyed it very much.