Followers

Friday, June 26, 2015

BLACK PEPPER PORK SLICES

The other day we just had Stir Fried Black Pepper Fish Fillet and like it very much.  Now another dish with black pepper again. This recipe calls for deep frying of pork cubes but I have changed it to pan frying of meat slices. With pan frying, less oil is needed and using a non-stick pan to do the cooking is hassle-free.
The meat slices are pan fried to brown and a little charred then coated with the sauce ingredients. It’s a perfect dish to serve with rice just like with fish fillets.
Recipe Source – adapted from Yum Yum Magazine No. 89 [modified]
Ingredients
300 gm pork tenderloin – sliced ½ cm thick 
Marinade
1 tbsp light soy sauce, ¼ tsp salt and 3 tbsp cornstarch
1 big onion – peeled and cut wedges
1 tbsp ground black pepper
Seasoning [combine]
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
4 tbsp water
½ tsp cornstarch
Some shredded cabbage
Some shredded red carrot
  1. Marinate sliced pork with marinade for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Heat wok with little oil, add in shredded cabbage and carrot to cook until softened. Dish up on serving platter.
  3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick wok, pan fry pork slices until brown and slightly charred. 
  4. Add in ground black pepper, stir to mix well. Push aside, add in onions and pour in combined seasoning sauce.
  5. Stir to mix until gravy has thickened slightly. Coat fried meat slices with sauce. 
  6. Dish up onto fried cabbage.  Serve.
I'm sharing this post with Cook Your Books Event #24 [June 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie. Thanks so much for sharing all your lovely homey dishes especially your curry ones. I have tried a few and my family likes them a lot. I also like your step by step pictorial. Thanks again. Chloe.

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, you're welcome and thanks for your inspiring feedback. These days ppl are so busy and food prices are on the rise. I think with simply and tasty recipes, more ppl will do more home cooking. So far my hubby is happy with all the dishes that I had prepared for him and I believe they are healthy too. Happy cooking.

PH said...

Kimmy, I must take note of this dish to add on to the dishes I cook for my partner. I have ran out of ideas hah..hah...

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, these days, I try cooking simple dishes, best with the least of ingredients without compromising the taste and healthy living concept. With rising food prices, simple dishes are most welcome for many people who are contemplating whether to cook or eat out. But believe me, this is good for quick yummy One Dish Meal. Just increase the cabbage portion and it's a complete easy home cooked meal for your partner. Add on a dessert, he would be grateful to you, hahaha!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
I love black pepper dishes, and this is another delicious looking one! Fish or pork, calls for more rice!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I'm getting 'crazy' these days cooking many dishes using black pepper and black vinegar too. These 2 ingredients are good for cooking fish, chicken and pork. Tasty, spicy and aromatic, very appetising with rice.